Could you sponsor a child through school? Sponsoring a child costs £60 per year and helps to break the cycle of poverty (both for the child and also for the country).
You can sponsor a child by setting up a standing order to be paid either monthly (£5) or yearly (£60).
In order to attend school, children must be able to pay the school fees and have the correct uniform. The school fees are between £15 to £25 per year (dependant on age) and the school uniform costs £35. In the case where the uniform costs less than £25, the remainder of your sponsorship money goes towards stationary.
We always have children in need of sponsorship. 90% of our children are orphans, the other 10% live with a terminally ill parent, so the only chance they have for an education is via sponsorship.
When you sponsor a child, you will be given a photo of your child and some basic background information. You can also write to them if you like or send gifts. These children really have very little and so the smallest gifts can make a big difference to them. If your child has learnt English you may even receive a reply!
If you would like to sponsor a child, please print and fill in the Standing Order form and return it to the address provided on that page. If you are eligible then please also download and filled in a Gift Aid form as this allows us to claim back the tax for your donations. if you have any questions about sponsoring or other ways you can help, then please get in touch.
If you can not afford to commit to sponsoring at this time, we also accept one off donations of any amount (no amount too small).